Merger with Fairfax City FCU
The Partnership Federal Credit Union and Fairfax City Federal Credit Union Announce Merger
May 30‚ Arlington, VA— The Partnership Federal Credit Union (The Partnership FCU) is pleased to announce a merger with Fairfax City Federal Credit Union (Fairfax City FCU) in a deal finalized by the boards of both institutions, approved by the National Credit Union Association and Fairfax City FCU members.
Members of Fairfax City FCU voted overwhelmingly at a special meeting held on May 24, 2017 to merge with The Partnership FCU, effective July 1, 2017. The merger provides Fairfax City FCU members with greater value and convenience from their credit union membership, including:
- Access to over 5,000 shared branches nationwide, including 15 in Fairfax and Prince William counties.
- Access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs, including nearly 200 in Fairfax and Prince William counties.
- Immediate access to a state-of-the-art suite of account access products that allow you to bank when and where it is most convenient for you, 24/7/365 from your preferred device (computer, tablet or smartphone), including online banking, bill pay, mobile banking, mobile check deposit and a full-service website at ThePartnershipFCU.com.
- Increased product offerings to include VISA, consumer and mortgages loans with competitive rates.
- Deposit products including free checking with a debit card, money market accounts, share certificates and IRAs.
- Automatic enrollment in the Value in Partnership (VIP) Program which provides members monthly cash back on the financial products and services that mean the most, as well as value pricing on share certificates.
Fairfax City FCU chose to partner with The Partnership FCU because of the close alignment of culture. Both credit unions believe in exceptional, personal service and providing all members value from their membership. They will continue to do this as a stronger, unified organization.
“At The Partnership FCU we believe in providing value through partnership to those who advance and promote the interests of the public,” said Theresa Mann, President/CEO of The Partnership FCU. “We are excited to bring this value to Fairfax City FCU members through this merger, and provide them with more services, more account access and more of the banking options they deserve.”
The combined credit union will continue under The Partnership FCU federal charter, and will operate under The Partnership FCU name. Theresa Mann, current Chief Executive Officer of The Partnership FCU, will continue to manage the combined credit union with the headquarters located in Arlington, Virginia.